We may collect personal information from you where you fill in any forms on any of our brand websites. We may also collect your information where you make enquiries or correspond with us by phone, email, or otherwise
The purposes for which we use your information and the legal basis under data protection laws on which we rely to do this are as follows:
- It is necessary for the performance of the contract with you or to take steps to enter into it. This includes information that we collect and process:
o in order to enable you to make use of any of our brand websites,
o for the purpose of any other services we provide to you through our brand websites or otherwise.
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party such as breakdown or insurance providers, where you have said you would like to receive such services. These include:
o analysis to inform our marketing strategy, and to enhance and personalise your customer experience;
o creating a profile of you to determine what products and services you may be interested in for direct marketing purposes;
o operating our loyalty schemes if available;
o responding to online enquiries (including but not limited to test drive, brochure and part exchange valuation enquiries)
o customer satisfaction or market research surveys;
o for product development, statistical analysis market research in order to continually improve the vehicles and/or services that we deliver to you (however you can ask us not to contact you for this purpose at any time);
o marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent) e.g. following up on marketing leads, sending you renewal reminders, tailoring marketing communications or sending targeted marketing messages via social media and other third parties;
o advising you about the products and services that we are providing to you in response to a request from you about this
o prevention of fraud and other criminal activities;
o to verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
o to correspond or communicate with you;
o monitoring communications between us (calls, letters, emails and texts) to prevent and detect crime, to protect the security of our communications, systems and procedures, and for quality control and training purposes
o network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access;
o to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
o providing you with customer service, including answering questions and responding to feedback and complaints
o for management and audit of our business operations including accounting and analysis of orders placed via our website
- It is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation. This includes when you exercise your legal rights under data protection law, to verify your identity, for the establishment and defence of our legal rights, for activities relating to the prevention, detection and investigation of crime, to conduct credit, fraud prevention and anti-money laundering checks and for compliance with our legal and regulatory responsibilities.
- You have given us your consent to use it for direct marketing communications For the avoidance of doubt, your data will only be shared with RCI for marketing purposes if you have indicated an interest in finance. Please see ‘Marketing’ below for more information on marketing, including details on how to stop receiving marketing communications.
When we send you marketing information, we make sure to send you information that fit your needs or that are really of interest to you. Indeed, thanks to your personal data you provided to us directly or via or one of our partners, or that we collect automatically (when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications), we create a profile of you which allows us to assess and predict as well as possible your personal preferences and/or interests for our products and services. Better knowing you helps us improving your satisfaction.
More generally speaking, we undertake to collect only the personal data that are necessary for each purpose for which we process your data.
Your information is provided to us voluntarily.
YOUR DATA HELPS US MAKE SURE THAT IF WE SEND YOU SOMETHING, IT’S SOMETHING THAT’S RELEVANT TO YOU.
Any information we have is most likely provided by you – you may have filled out a form to take a test drive, for example. It may include:
- Personal information (name, address, email, phone)
- Type of request
- Origin of the request
- Purchase details (car model, products and services requested)
- Browsing data on Dacia websites