Every new Dacia is covered by a standard 3 year / 100,000 kilometers* Warranty package. Under the terms of this Warranty, your Dacia dealer is able to repair or replace, without charge, parts that are found to have a material or assembly defect that is recognised by Dacia. Your new Dacia also comes with a 2 year paintwork warranty, as well as a 6 year anti-corrosion warranty.
Drive with peace of mind!
* From first date of registration. Warranty expires on the first of the two limits reached. Whichever comes first.
DACIA WARRANTY EXTENSION PROGRAM
4th to 5th YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
DRIVELINE, 100.000 km
The Renault / Dacia engineers and technicians have pooled their skill to create a quality vehicle from all points of view: reliability, road holding, driving comfort, finish and safety. Constantly trained in new technologies, the service points of the Renault Dacia Network can advise and help you in all circumstances. This booklet will introduce to you the various benefits Renault provides, and ensure that you will be completely satisfied with your vehicle. Happy motoring!
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY
This Warranty Certificate contains details of the Protection available for New motor – vehicles supplied by Dacia FAIRWAYS LTD for the 4th and 5th year. This document is intended to assist you in relation to the cost of unexpected breakdown repairs and parts specifically listed in this document. The extended Warranty Cover is applicable to the person(s) named on the Warranty Form for the benefits set out in this document subject to the terms, clauses and conditions specified.
Duration of Cover
Cover commences from the date of expiry of the manufacturer’s warranty of the vehicle. The duration of this Warranty is for two (2) years and a detailed breakdown of the Cover is specified on the pages that follow in this warranty booklet. This is a program especially designed to assist you towards the cost of repairs to any parts listed in this document.
DACIA WARRANTY EXTENSION PROGRAM
Mechanical Breakdown is considered to be the failure of a component for a reason other than wear and tear, normal deterioration or negligence causing a sudden stoppage of its function.
Replacement of parts, which have reached the end of their effective working lives because of age and/or usages are not liabilities under the terms of this Certificate. The program does not cover tuning, adjustments or the cleaning of any assemblies including the fuel and lubrication systems.
To obtain the maximum benefit from this Warranty cover, it is very important that you read this booklet in detail and with care. It is your responsibility to maintain and service the vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations and instructions in this Document.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- To benefit from the Manufacturer’s Warranty, the Customer must:
- Ensure that the Warranty Book contains the vehicle delivery date, which conditions the Customer’s right to the warranty,
- Take the vehicle to any member of the DACIA/FAIRWAYS LTD dealer network, as only they are authorized to carry out maintenance or warranty operations,
- Present the Warranty Book and the Servicing Book duly completed, justifying that the manufacturer’s recommended servicing operations have been correctly carried out at the authorized DACIA/ FAIRWAYS LTD service workshop,
- Inform a DACIA/ FAIRWAYS LTD dealer as soon as possible of any defect covered by the Manufacturer’s warranty. If the vehicle is immobilized the customer must inform the nearest DACIA/ FAIRWAYS LTD dealer.
- Any parts replaced under the Warranty extension become the rightful and exclusive property of DACIA/ FAIRWAYS LTD.
- Any operations, parts and labour, carried out under the extended Warranty are guaranteed for by DACIA/FAIRWAYS LTD up until the expiry of the extension of the Warranty.
- Warranty is transferable to the subsequent owners, with the same conditions.
- This warranty is valid only in Cyprus.
- The warranty is applicable for saloons vehicles Light Commercial Vehicles.
- Rental companies are excluded from this warranty.
DRIVELINE LEVEL OF COVER – 4th TO 5th YEAR
WARRANTY OR 100.000 km (whichever comes first)
This Level of Cover insures the Vehicle against the mechanical Breakdown of the specific Components of the Vehicle that were the manufacturers’ original specification and are listed below:
WHAT IS COVERED
The rocker assembly, including hydraulic followers, inlet and exhaust valves (burnt valves excluded), springs and guides, cylinder head (cracks and de-coking porous heads excluded), push rods, camshaft and followers, timing belt and tensioners (are covered providing proof of compliance with manufacturer recommendations and servicing), oil pump, pistons and rings, cylinder bores (excluding cracked or porous bores), con rods, gudgeon pins and bearings, crankshaft and bearings, inlet manifold, cooling system (excluding hoses).
Internal gears, synchromesh hubs, selectors, shafts, bearings and bushes, transfer gears, drive shafts. (Excluding clutch wear and tear and gaiters).
Internal shafts, gears, clutch, brake bands, valve block, governor, oil pump, bearings and bushes and servo, drive plate, transfer gears, drive shafts. (Excluding gaiters), ECU and sensors of automatic transmission.
Oils, oil filter and anti-freeze are covered only if it is essential to replace them because of the failure of a part, which is covered under this policy.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
- All services, parts and components of the Vehicle, which are excluded of the Cover, mentioned exhaustively hereinabove under titles Engine, Manual Gearbox, Automatic Gearbox and Working Materials.
- Indirect consequences of a possible defect (loss of operation, duration of immobilization, etc.),
- Parts of the vehicle that have transformed or modified as well as the consequences of the transformation (damage, premature wear, alterations, etc.) on other vehicle parts or components or on the characteristics of the vehicle,
- Servicing costs undertaken by the Customer, in accordance with the Manufacturer’s recommendations,
- Replacement of parts subjected to normal wear and tear relating to vehicle use and its mileage,
- Any damage resulting from incorrect servicing of the vehicle and/or from servicing by a non authorized member of FAIRWAYS LTD service stations, notably when instructions concerning treatment, intervals and maintenance or care taken with the latter as specified in the service book and vehicle handbook have not been observed,
- The repair or cost of components of any damage caused by the vehicle being driven with a fault,
- The repair or cost of components of the replacement or adjustment of any parts to enable the vehicle to pass an MOT.
Any damage due to external causes such as the following non-exhaustive list:
- Accidents, impacts, scratches, stone chips, the projection of solid objects, hail stones,
- Fall-out relating to atmospheric pollution, vegetal and animal fall-outs such as resin, and bird droppings, chemical fall-out,
- Transported products,
- Inappropriate or bad quality fuel,
- The fitting of accessories approved by the Manufacturer, installed without observation of the recommendations and/or specifications laid down by the Manufacturer,
- The fitting of accessories not approved by the Manufacturer,
- Any damage caused by events such as: lightning, fire, floods, earthquakes and
- Any damage caused by war, riots and criminal activity.
The Manufacturer’s warranty shall not apply and the selling dealer shall be removed of all responsibility if:
- The vehicle has been used under conditions outside of those recommended by the Manufacturer, detailed in Service Book, Vehicle Handbook and the present warranty booklet (example: overloading or using the vehicle in a sports or other competition),
- The noted defect results from the fact that the customer has had the vehicle repaired or serviced in a workshop outside of the DACIA deal.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
Refer to this document and ensure that the part or parts directly causing the breakdown are covered by the Warranty.
- Contact any authorized DACIA/FAIRWAYS LTD Service Station for advice as to the best course of action.
- Take your vehicle to an authorized DACIA/FAIRWAYS LTD Service Station for an evaluation. The DACIA/FAIRWAYS LTD Service Station will authorize the repair, by issuing a Repair Instruction Note with a Special Number.
- The authority to dismantle any part or parts must be given by the owner of vehicle to the repairing garage. On acceptance of the claim, RENAULT will undertake repair of the damage. If DACIA/FAIRWAYS LTD has no liability under this Warranty, then the cost of dismantling must be borne by the vehicle owner.
- DACIA/FAIRWAYS LTD shall have the right to ask for an independent damage valuation, should any questioning in relation to RENAULT’s liability is raised.
- All repairs are to be carried out by an authorized DACIA/FAIRWAYS LTD service station and no other unauthorized.
- According to the recommendations of any of DACIA/FAIRWAYS LTD authorized dealers, fill in the Application for Damage Repair, which you can find at any of DACIA/FAIRWAYS LTD authorized dealers.